Friday, August 13, 2010

God Talking

I had a really bad day yesterday.

I was wounded, frustrated and overwhelmed and I really just wanted a word from God. I didn't care what it was, I just needed some kind of reassurance that THIS too would pass.

I got my word in a song on the radio. I didn't really understand what God was trying to say specifically, but I was comforted by the fact that He was saying something. Make any sense?

For the rest of the drive home, I thought over a few of the things that I know about God talking. These are some of the things I thought about.

1. Understanding what God is talking about isn't always necessary. Knowing
that He's talking is sometimes enough.

2. We may not always like what God is saying, but the fact that He's still talking to us is a whole lot better than silence.

3. God is always up for a little conversation. How cool is that? We always have someone to talk to at 3am.

4. Sometimes the reason we can't hear God's answer to prayer is that we're still praying. Now and then, you have to shut up long enough to listen.

5. There is always an answer. Sometimes it's "no", sometimes it's "yes", sometimes it's "wait".  Rewording your prayer doesn't change the answer. The answer was right the first time.

6. There is one thing God is ALWAYS quick to say, in any situation: "I love you still".

By the time I got home last night, I had come to a funny realization. I had gotten that word I needed. God just had me give it to myself.

Made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!